Centre for Research and Utilization of Renewable Energy (CVVOZE) is a research establishment of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication at the Brno University of Technology.
Global targets of the Centre are:
- conducting of both top-level basic and applied research of renewable energy sources including applications,
- training of highly-qualified staff, PhD graduates, for industrial sector,
- wide cooperation between the university and the application sector.
Project CZ.1.05/2.1.00/01.0014 of building up of the Centre infrastructure started on May 1, 2010.
The full operation of the Centre has started on January 1, 2013.
In 2015, the Centre infrastructure was extended by several top laboratory equipment within project CZ.1.05/2.1.00/19.0398.
Implementation of the Centre is performed with the help of four faculty departments: Department of Power Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Department of Control and Instrumentation, Department of Electrical and Electronic Technology and Department of Electrical Power Engineering.
Main research topics:
- Optimization of electromechanical energy conversion.
- Chemical and photovoltaic energy sources.
- Generation, transmission, distribution and use of electrical energy.
- Automation and sensor technologies.
- Research on the switching-off process in switchgear.
Scientific Program Board
- Dr. Milan Findura, CZ
- Prof. Jaromír Kadlec, CZ
- Dr. Vladimír Klíma,CZ
- Jan Krejčí, CZ
- Josef Kůst, CZ
- Dr. Miroslav Mejzlík, CZ
- Dr. Jiří Ptáček, CZ
- Prof. Matti Lehtonen, FI
- Dr. Christian Ruempler, USA
- Prof. Henrik Nordborg, CH
- Dr. Miles A Redfern, UK
The Centre motto is: “Energy for life”